TCVF Silent Auction Raises Nearly $20,000 For Local Charitable Organizations At 2023 BNP Paribas Open
The Champions Volunteer Foundation – the non-profit arm of the BNP Paribas Open – raised nearly $20,000 at the 2023 tournament at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden through its silent auction. The silent auction took place during the latter week of the 2023 BNP Paribas Open and gave fans the opportunity to bid to win signed memorabilia and take part in exclusive experiences around the grounds. All proceeds from the auction will be poured back into the foundation as it continues raising money to support local charitable organizations in the Coachella Valley.
Auction prizes ranged from signed tennis balls from the biggest superstars in the sport to the opportunity to take the court on Stadium 1 before marquee matches and participate in the pre-match coin toss. In total, the auction raised $19,325 that will be redistributed to local non-profit organizations.
Funds are given out using a grant application process, and the list of 2022 recipients can be seen here. In the past, the foundation has supported community organizations such as Big Brothers/Big Sisters of the Desert, the Family YMCA of the Desert, and the Boys and Girls Club of the Coachella Valley.
Since its inception in 2002, the Champions Volunteer Foundation has donated more than $3 million to nearly 50 different local non-profits per year through a grant application process. The foundation also provides unique volunteer opportunities for a variety of local sporting events in the Coachella Valley. Each March, The Champions Volunteer Foundation recruits more than 1,200 volunteers to support the BNP Paribas Open.
- November 30, 2023 BNP Paribas Open Donates $570,000 To The Champions Volunteer Foundation
- August 14, 2023 2023 Champions Volunteer Foundation Grant Applications Now Open
- August 10, 2023 Celebrating Nancie Wingo During the 2023 BNP Paribas Open
- May 12, 2023 TCVF Celebrates Community Heroes at the 2023 BNP Paribas Open
- May 12, 2023 TCVF Silent Auction Raises Nearly $20,000 For Local Charitable Organizations At 2023 BNP Paribas Open