- Official BNP Paribas Open tournament uniform and program
- Two complimentary BNP Paribas Open grounds passes for the entire tournament
- Autograph sessions with ATP World Tour and WTA Players
- Annual BNP Paribas Open Ball Kid welcome party
- BNP Paribas Open Certificate of Participation
The following are requirements for all returning Ball Kids:
- Download the training manual and successfully pass the Ball Kid quiz. (Quiz log-in information will be sent once your application is received)
- Be physically able to perform 2-hour sessions on court with one-hour rest between sessions.
- Participate and complete the Training Session Requirements listed below. Please note that you must receive “Tournament Ready” status in order to participate in the BNP Paribas Open.
- Commit to a minimum of five (5) sessions during tournament. Three (3) of these must be on each of the following days: Monday, March 4; Tuesday, March 5; and Wednesday, March 6.
- Attend one (1) Uniform Distribution/Orientation session on either Saturday, March 2 or Sunday, March 3 at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden.
How to sign up
- Fill out an online BNP Paribas Open Ball Kid Application.
- Download, read, sign and return the Ball Kid Permission Waiver, Code of Conduct and Ball Kid Acknowledgment forms. You must return these forms before you are able to select training sessions or tournament shifts. The forms are fillable on-line, however they MUST be printed out and signed before returning them to us. Minors (under 18) must have a parent sign the waiver while those over 18 may sign their own. Please return the forms via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by USPS to:
BNP Paribas Open Ball Kids
78-200 Miles Ave.
Indian Wells, CA 92210
- Download, print and study the 2019 BNP Paribas Open Ball Kid Training Manual. This will have all the information necessary to pass the online assessment. You will receive an email providing information on how to access and complete the online assessment (Ball Kid Quiz) within 5-7 days of receiving your completed application.
- Once you pass the online assessment and return the required signed forms listed in # 2 above, we will add you to the 2019 BNPPO teams on Shiftboard allowing you to sign up for training sessions and tournament shifts. Please do not create a new account – use your old user name and password!
- Please contact email@example.com with any questions regarding our policies on shift schedules, chaperones or training requirements.
2019 Training Session Schedule & Requirements
All Returning Ball Kids must receive ‘Tournament Ready’ status by participating in one of the following:
Complete Multiple Training Sessions at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden:
- Returning Ball Kids with two years or less experience are required to attend a minimum of four (4) training sessions.*
- Returning Ball Kids with more than two years’ experience require a minimum of two (2) training sessions.*
* The number of training sessions listed are the minimum necessary. You may need to attend more in order to receive “Tournament Ready” status by a Ball Kid Chairperson.
We strongly recommend choosing early dates to ensure you get all of the training you need. This allows you to sign up for later dates should you need to cancel a session or add additional training. Please watch all Training Videos prior to attending your first training session.
Indian Wells Tennis Garden Training Dates (all times are 2:00pm – 4:30pm):
- Saturday, January 5
- Sunday, January 6
- Saturday, January 12
- Sunday, January 13
- Saturday, January 26
- Sunday, January 27
- Friday, February 1
- Saturday, February 2
- Attend a weekend Boot Camp** at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden. Boot Camp is only available for out of state/country applicants or by special request.
- 2019 Boot Camp is Saturday/Sunday, January 19 & 20, 2019. Hours are 10:00am-12:30pm and 2:00pm-4:30pm both days.
- To apply for Boot Camp, please email firstname.lastname@example.org after you have submitted your application and completed all necessary requirements, listed in “How to Sign Up” # 2 above.
- Please watch all Training Videos prior to attending your first training session.
** Attending Boot Camp does not guarantee ‘Tournament Ready’ status. Ball Kid Chairs will help you schedule additional training sessions should they be required.
Out-of-town Ball Kid Applicants
Out-of-town Ball Kid Applicants:
- Attend training sessions at one of the approved training sites listed below and receive ‘Tournament Ready’ status by the Off-Site Coordinator to participate in the BNPPO.
- Ball Kids with two years or less experience are required to attend a minimum of four (4) training sessions.***
- Returning Ball Kids with more than two years’ experience are required to attend a minimum of two (2) training sessions.***
*** The number of training sessions listed are the minimum necessary. You may need to attend more in order to receive “Tournament Ready” status by a Ball Kid Chairperson.
Approved Off-Site Training Locations
- Portola Valley, CA
- San Diego, CA
- Denver, CO
- Santa Barbara, CA
- Idaho Falls, ID
- Tempe, AZ
- Salt Lake City, UT
- Thousand Oaks, CA
Off-site training dates are different than Indian Wells. Training dates will be listed on Shiftboard once confirmed.
Applications now closed. Check back for 2020 information.
Applications now closed. Check back for 2020 information.
Be a part of the BNP Paribas Open as one of our amazing Ball Kids! Share the same court with top players and defending champions like Juan Martin Del Potro, Naomi Osaka, Roger Federer, Serena Williams, Rafael Nadal and Maria Sharapova. Additional benefits include:
Welcome back to all of our returning Ball Kids! We are so glad you are signing up to be part of the 2019 BNP Paribas Open. You already know what to expect and have the skills necessary to be successful. Our goal is to help you improve those skills even more so we can receive high marks from both the ATP and WTA Tours for our ball kid program.